Friday, August 11, 2006

My Letter

I tried not to be so proud. But I am posting this entry not because I am arrogant but because of the fact that Straits Times finally published my letter.

ST Forum
Aug 11, 2006 Fri

Aug 11, 2006
Webcast of NDP couldn't be seen in Sydney

I AM studying in Sydney and, like many Singaporeans overseas, my friends and I waited in eager anticipation to celebrate with Singaporeans via webcast this National Day.

Imagine our disappointment when we tried to log on to the webcast on the National Day Parade website. We followed the concise instructions and checked several times that our settings supported the webcast but the images failed to load. We tried all four languages on the website but, each time, the live pictures did not appear.

I would understand if the images had been jerky due to the enormous traffic but the fact was that there was no image at all.

I hope that the authorities will address this issue as many of my friends experienced the same problem as well.

Being overseas, we rely extensively on the use of technology to celebrate alongside Singaporeans at home so I hope that this problem will be resolved so that we have the opportunity to witness the nation's birthday next year.

Sing Keng Loon
Sydney, Australia

I am eagerly anticipating the reply...

No comments: